Fury of the Night Fury
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury of the Night Fury

A How To Train Your Dragon RP roleplay Site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Arrival (Open!)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BillyShears

BillyShears

New Arrival (Open!) Empty
PostSubject: New Arrival (Open!)   New Arrival (Open!) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 9:22 am

On the shores of Melfort a dingy one man boat was grounded, titled on a 45 degree angle. Leading from the boat were a set of wet footsteps going back and forth from a large pile of supplies sloppily left on the beach. With a splash Gulfrut, carrying a bundle of torches overhead, landed in the water wading over to the shore. When he reached the set of supplies he laid out all the torches in a neat line on the shore. He scanned the scene and nodded, satisfied at a job well done, before falling back into the sand to catch his breath.
Back to top Go down
Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny Al'Dar

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open!)   New Arrival (Open!) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 1:10 pm

Rodny was just coming back to search the wreckage of the ship for something useful when he saw a small boat getting close to the shore line. He quickly hid behind a tree and raised his newly acquired hatchet, but he quickly lowered it when he saw a young man coming from out from the boat. He then continued through the forest while still hiding. He was hoping that he could go on without being noticed.
Back to top Go down
BillyShears

BillyShears

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open!)   New Arrival (Open!) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 2:17 pm

Out of the corner of his eye Gulfrut noticed movement. He squinted his eyes for focus noticing what is was pretty soon, it was a local inhabitant. "You there!" he called waving his arms back and forth. When that didn't work he grabbed one of the torches as well as flint from his vest and created a light. Using that as a signal he opted to grab the man's attention whilst being careful not to cause the light to go out. "I say, you there!" he called again.
Back to top Go down
Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny Al'Dar

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open!)   New Arrival (Open!) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 2:56 pm

Rodny thought DAMN, That was not supposed to happen. He then started running ignoring the young man as best as he could. At one point he noticed he had gotten far enough so that the boy could not see him. Then he headed to the wreckage of the ship and started looking for anything usable.
At one point he heard something... strange. He then started looking around. His first words where. " Not you again..." The dragon from before, the blue one with the spikes was on the shore line, looking directly at him. The dragon fired of a fire blast at him, but Rodny avoided it by jumping in the water which was not the smartest thing to do since he was wearing chain armor. He quickly started swimming towards the more intact part of the ship hoping to find something there. But he was quickly loosing stamina because of the armor. The dragon flying above him, swooping down to try and fish him out of the water.
Back to top Go down
BillyShears

BillyShears

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open!)   New Arrival (Open!) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Gulfrut heaved a sigh. First inhabitant he meets brushes him off. Whatever, he had other things to do. He picked up another torch and transferred the fire from the already lit one on to in and began walking towards his boat. This was it, no turning back. He tossed the torches on to the deck and immediately ran back to the supplies to light some more. By the time he had tossed all the torches on to the boat a considerable fire had amassed creating a thick pillar of grey smoke. Gulfrut pressed his shoulder against the front of the boat and tried to shake it loose eventually succeeding in pushing it back into the sea. He watched with satisfaction as the gradually distancing boat became more engulfed in flame. He rubbed his hands together in satisfaction. Now there was no way for him to leave!
Back to top Go down
Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny Al'Dar

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open!)   New Arrival (Open!) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:22 pm

Rodny was swimming full speed towards the ship with the dragon still after him. He then entered through a small hole in the hull, and quickly started climbing up to the captains quarters, the dragon clawing the ship from the outside. Rodny went outside on the deck but quickly jumped in again, because the dragon had landed on the deck. Rodny though threw his options, and decided to use the most idiotic one. He jumped out and started running towards the beast full speed. In the last possible moment Rodny rolled just under the dragons head. Then he continued to sprint towards the captains quarter just behind the beast. He rammed the door, breaking it down and started looking around. After a few seconds of looking he found his steel shield. He then heard a choking sound and raised his shield in the last possible moment. Suddenly Rodny felt how he was falling.

(Note: It was a HUGE explosion created by the dragon.)
(Note2: Is it night? I really didn't get it. XD)
Back to top Go down
BillyShears

BillyShears

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open!)   New Arrival (Open!) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:37 pm

Although he heared the explosion it took some time for Gulfrut to fully register it. When he did finally get brought back to reality he noticed a second pillar of smoke, it's origins were unknown as the forest obscured his view of that part of the sea. Gulfrut ran over to his pile of supplies and rummuged through various odds and ends until he found the shield. It was a pretty crude training shield but it was the best he had, now he needed some sort of weapon. He pulled out a hammer, but it was usually used for nailing tent spikes in the ground. Gulfrut checked the pillar of smoke and estimated it's origins. This had better be worth it he thought to himself as he ran towards it.
Back to top Go down
Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny Al'Dar

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open!)   New Arrival (Open!) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:35 pm

It took a few moments for Rodny to realize what was going on and what had happened. The dragon had fired off a bigger then usual fire ball thanks to the arrow lodged in it's throat from earlier. Rodny quickly turned around and used his shield to soften the water before he fell in it. He then noticed it was shallow and started climbing on to the shore. When he reached it he fell down taking deep breaths.
A few moments later he heard flapping sounds and jumped to the side forgetting his shield. The dragon quickly landed on it, and turned towards him. It looked even more beat up then him. But when it tried to bite him, it suddenly lost it's balance and fell. Rodny walked slowly towards it, only to see that the dragon looked like it had given up on life. Rodny hated killing dragons... He always hated him self after doing it. But then again Rodny Al'Dar was no longer a dragon rider of the king!!! He could do whatever he wanted. Rodny dropped his weapon and got close to the head slowly showing the dragon that he didn't want to hurt it. And then he opened up its mouth and reached in. It took him a couple of seconds to find what he was looking for but he found it. He pulled it out slowly, and looked at the arrow. He threw it to the side, and picked up his axe. He had started walking towards the shield to pick it up, when he felt everything going black. Then he fell himself hitting the ground.
Back to top Go down
BillyShears

BillyShears

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open!)   New Arrival (Open!) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:00 pm

Gulfrut ran as fast as he could pushing past the branches and foliage, when he arrived at the scene there were leaves, twigs and burs lodged in his clothes and hair. "Odin's pancreas!" he gasped upon seeing the collapsed pair. He hurried over to Rodney, making sure to keep circle far away from the dragon. Rodney's pulse was okay, he was probably just unconcious, but then again Gulfrut had no medical training, so he could also be dying. Gulfrut frantically paced wandering what to do.
Back to top Go down
Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny Al'Dar

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open!)   New Arrival (Open!) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:17 pm

"Stop your damn pacing. It's enough to wake the dead up" Rodny said while waking up. He felt as if he had gone on a round with a Ragnar. He slowly started getting up and looked around. He saw the dragon he had fought for the last day, and then at the young man next to him. He then ignored him and picked up his equipment. Then he started walking next to the dragon. He opened it's mouth and looked inside. He saw that the wound from the arrow had healed up. When he got his head out Rodny saw that the dragon had woken up and trying to get up. Rodny raised his shield and bashed the dragons head with it, knocking it out again. Then he slowly started walking towards the forest.
Back to top Go down
BillyShears

BillyShears

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open!)   New Arrival (Open!) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:21 pm

Gulfrut sighed "You're welcome". Upon seeing Rodny dissapear into the forest Gulfrut followed behind him "Hey! I'm new here and I was just wondering where the village is, because I'd really like to get moved in straight away". Gulfrut hated being ignored. He ran ahead of Rodny trying to get his attention "Hey! I'm talking to you!"
Back to top Go down
Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny Al'Dar

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open!)   New Arrival (Open!) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:44 pm

"Your asking the wrong guy, boy. I shipwrecked here yesterday" Rodny said and pushed the boy out of his way.
Back to top Go down
BillyShears

BillyShears

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open!)   New Arrival (Open!) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:23 am

"That's real mature... pushing people". Gulfrut picked up his pace to catch up with Rodny "Hey, maybe it's none of my business, or maybe I've been misinformed but uh... wasn't that a dragon back there? Like a dragon you didn't kill?"
Back to top Go down
Aldis
Admin
Aldis

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open!)   New Arrival (Open!) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:14 pm

(Yeah, I'm using a NPC, but its necessary... Aldis is busy :B)

"And who?" Asked a gruff voice "Might you be?"

Gaut had been around the beach, checking for anything useful that may have been washed up recently, as well as contemplating on his daughters disobedience, when he'd seen a stranger on the beach, who seemed like he was talking to someone who wasn't there. Gaut hoped he wasn't delirious.

He looked back and forth between the direction this stranger was looking, and the stranger himself, and raised a big, bushy eyebrow.

"And who, exactly, are you talking to? Your imaginary friend?" He asked, adding more than a hint of sarcasm to the sentence, before breaking out into loud HARHAR's of laughter at his own joke. Although the sarcasm was something that his daughter had inherited, the big-laugh-at-your-own-lame-jokes was something she had not.
Back to top Go down
https://fotnf.darkbb.com
BillyShears

BillyShears

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open!)   New Arrival (Open!) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:19 pm

Gulfrut stared at the strange man who seemed far too amused at his own joke. Perhaps this stranger was insane, but one thing was for sure, he was certainly going to be of more help than Mr. Shipwreck. Gulfrut heaved a sigh, his chest visibly deflating before he extended his hand. "Hi, my name is Gulfrut... I just arrived here, perhaps you saw the burning ship just off the beach there. Perhaps you could direct me to the village?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open!)   New Arrival (Open!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Arrival (Open!)
Page 1 of 1