Fury of the Night Fury
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury of the Night Fury

A How To Train Your Dragon RP roleplay Site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open)   Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 1:10 pm

(Note: This is open only for those that have talked to Furnardan's character. Only he knows where Rodny is right now Razz. Well... Or those who stumble upon it by pure luck XD)

Rodny Al'Dar looked at what he had build up for the day. A small tent from the sail of the ship. A small camp fire to cook his food. And a pot he had salvaged from the remains of the ship.
Rodny had made a few arrows with the axe he took from that boy, and hat caught a deer. Now he was wondering what to do... He hadn't really thought about that since he had all the things he needed to survive.
After a few hours, he was saying " By the gods... I never knew that being stuck on a island was so boring." He was hoping for something to happen.
Back to top Go down
Furnardan

Furnardan

PostSubject: Re: Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open)   Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 6:21 am

[center]((We should note that these events are occurring the day AFTER Aldis and Feldun are working on that gate... so when you guys cross over to the events with Rodny at his camp and Ragnarok arriving at Melfort, make sure you cross over to the next day.))

A gorgeous red dragon adorned with golden-yellow wings and blue fins rowed along its spin whisked back and forth in the cool breeze that crossed over Melfrot. Below the dragon appeared the figure of Dungy, and by first glace, he seemed to be fleeing from the pursuing dragon above.

Taking closer analysis, one would deduce that a string was attached to the dragon above that seemed to end in Dungy's hand, one would also eventually discover that the dragon was less than organic or living. indeed, Dungy had finished his new dragon kite and was now freely jogging across the shoreline, holding tight the to life-line cord that held the dragon from being carried away by the wind completely. Dungy was both testing and enjoying his new kite whilst setting his compass for the location of Rodny... unfortunately, Rodny didn't mention exactly where he was camping, only that he was on the shore, near a sunken ship. Thus, Dungy set out the next day to find him, following the beaches of Melfort until he ran into Rodny's camp... or a half-sunken ship.
Back to top Go down
Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny Al'Dar

PostSubject: Re: Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open)   Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:59 am

Rodny quickly lifted up his bow and aimed for the dragon flying now far away. He didn't fire but he raised it just in case. But he lowered it when he saw it was the dragon that Dungy had made last night. He then started waving at Dungy who had just shown up. And yelled "Over here small fry"

(Now i will share about the dragon riders and dragon trainers clans and there respective rolls :O)

Last edited by Rodny Al'Dar on Fri May 07, 2010 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Furnardan

Furnardan

PostSubject: Re: Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open)   Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 9:20 am

Dungy had to look twice before he found the source of Rodny's voice, but sure enough, he was there, waving and calling to him. Dungy began wrapping the cord in loops as he brought the dragon kite down towards him, now pacing towards Rodny, holding that new bow of his. "Nice wind we have today, wouldn't ya say?" Dungy stated whimsically as he neared a few feet's stop from Rodny. Dungy looked around for a moment... sea, sand, sky, some burning sticks and a tent... rather nice living quarters thought Dungy to himself sarcastically.

"Took a little while, but found ya soon enough I did! So, wanna show me around the homestead or get straight to business, since ya know why I'm out here and all."

(( I love sharing! 8D If you make the suggestion, I'm sure Dungy would help Rodny build something he needs help on, like that ballista idea?))
Back to top Go down
Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny Al'Dar

PostSubject: Re: Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open)   Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:53 am

"Well then... Lets get started. First of all i will share about our separate clans and their jobs between the dragon riders and dragon trainers.
First of all you must know that each clan is like a separate from the current ruler's kingdom. We all have different politics and different specializations. The most known ones are the peace keepers, the galant, the black riders and the most elite and renowned of all the order of the flaming rose. The Peace Keepers job is to maintain peace through out the land and to deal with rouge dragon riders. The Galant clans job is to deal with espionage and reconnaissance. The Black Riders clans job is the backbone of the dragon rider army. And finally The Order Of The Burning Rose has one of the most important jobs for all clans and even the kingdom. We protect the dragon trainers who are constantly in dangler from either assassination attempts or even by the dragons they are training. Without them the kingdom would loose all it's dragon riders and become a easy target for the barbarian hordes and rival kingdoms. My entire family is part of that clan. My brother is a Dragon Trainer and my father is the clan leader. My mother is... or was one of our best riders. Did you get all that strait? Or do you want me to repeat? If not i will continue to the standard equipment of the dragon rider... and the not so standard."

Last edited by Rodny Al'Dar on Sun May 09, 2010 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Furnardan

Furnardan

PostSubject: Re: Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open)   Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:23 pm

Dungy nodded his head while Rodny was speaking to relay that he was getting all of this. This was quickly turning into a all-you-need-to-know-and-more discussion, Dungy took careful precision in what he needed to remember most from what Rodny was telling him. From how Rodny described, back his kingdom, things balanced in a system that maintained their status above the surrounding barbaric factions. Dungy wasn't personally familiar with of nations or diplomatic relations, but he could innately understand what Rodny was talking about and why the position of each clan was important.

"I understand. That sounds like a sophisticated set of clans back where you're from! Sure, continue if you will,' replied Dungy.

Good, Rodny was getting into a dragon rider's gear, that was something Dungy had already wonder about the makings of, as he probably had the tannery skills for such craft.

((Oi! That turned into too many posts I had to delete... I kept making extra posts by mistake! >.<))

Last edited by Furnardan on Mon May 10, 2010 2:07 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny Al'Dar

PostSubject: Re: Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open)   Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:07 pm

"Ok, since you understand that... let's move on shall we?
The most standard equipment every rider has is his saddle, which while not too important because you can ride a dragon without it is still very helpful." Rodny then lifted his old saddle from the tent. He had dived in to get it from the ship." If you want you can keep it. I have no use for it. Now about the other equipment. Riders are entitled to having three more things. First is the dragon scale enchanted shield. This shield is specially forged by using dragon scales so it is virtually impenetrable. Then there is the sword. It is made especially for slaying dragons, since it's made from some of the best metals. And finally the dragon armor. A dragon rider has a possibility to pick from three armors depending on their job. The first is a armor made from enchanted cloth and reinforced with dragon leather. It's used mainly by the spies and scouts. The second armor is full dragon leather and it's used by the vangard and flanks, when a dragon army goes on a march. They are also the carriers and first attack force. And then there are the full plate dragon enchanted steel armors. It is used by the bulk of a army and also there are a few special armors like this which are used by the most important figures in the dragon clans. I am wearing one of the three armors my clan posses. Did you get all that strait? Oh and i forgot to mention that all dragon riders and dragon trainers are weapon masters."

(Is it just me or are the two of us the most hardcore role players here XD.)
Back to top Go down
Furnardan

Furnardan

PostSubject: Re: Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open)   Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 6:26 pm

((Sorry, I was never notified of your last post. I think I should make note of the roar that was made earlier by Ragnarok, acknowledging that we could hear it where we were... that would be a good reason for Rodny to go scouting in the mountains too... if you want it that way?))

Dungy soaked in most of Rodny's explanation of his people's customs. The equipment they used and armor/weaponry for dragon riding made sense to Dungy, and Dungy was extra curious when Rodny made mention of 'enchanted' equipment. Dungy also got a little excited when Rodny offered his saddle to Dungy. Finally, something he could re-manufacture!

At the end of Rodny's breath, Dungy heard a loud roar south of their position around, the rocky cliffs and the mountains that massed that area. Dungy shuttered for a moment in surprise, not entirely because of a simple dragon roaring, but because of how... evil it sounded, a blood curdling screech coupled with the ominous boom of thunder would be a good comparison.

"...D-did you here that? That sounded... like an angry... something?" Dungy asked as he looked southward in wonder of the noise, "That has to be the most horrifying sound I've heard yet!"
Back to top Go down
Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny Al'Dar

PostSubject: Re: Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open)   Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 10:44 pm

Rodny looked at the cliffs and frowned. He then said " You get back to your village this instant. I have work to do." Rodny started gathering his equipment. He then started walking towards the mountains where he had seen dragons flying around. He had already completely forgotten about Dungy.

(IS NOW CLOSED. Unless Furnadragon wants to reply XD)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open)   Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rodny Al'Dars camp (Open)
Page 1 of 1