Fury of the Night Fury
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury of the Night Fury

A How To Train Your Dragon RP roleplay Site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wandering [Open!]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
»Thorgrim

Wandering [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Wandering [Open!]   Wandering [Open!] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:29 pm

»♦️« Thorgrim »♦️«

I am so high, I can hear heaven.
I am so high, I can hear heaven.
Oh but heaven, no heaven don't hear me.

And they say that a hero can save us.
I'm not gonna stand here and wait.
I'll hold on to the wings of the eagles.
Watch as we all fly away.

Lyrics ~ Chad Kroeger (Nickelback), "Hero"

From when he could walk, Thorgrim had always been someone to never seem to want to stand still. He loved running - it was an outlet for the stress and anxiety that would sometimes build up deep within him. To him, being able to run was being free.
In fact, on some days, one would be able to see him running about outside the village. Whether it was for exercise, for fun, or for some other reason, one would only be left to ponder over the boy's actions.
Today was one of those days. A trail of muddy footprints hastily followed a young Viking boy as he jogged through the forest, trampling leaves and twigs underfoot. The branches and boughs that brushed past him didn't seem to make him falter in his step, and a wide smile curved upon his lips. He loved doing this.

Thorgrim stopped, breathing heavily as he attempted to catch his breath again. He leant against a tree and surveyed his surroundings. While he loved his village - a place he would never leave - he could not help admiring the splendour that was the forest around him. Golden sunlight filtered down through the emerald-green leaves crowning the great boughs that stretched out for the sky far above him. He could feel the aura of life all around him, and, in turn, it made him feel vibrant and alive. If he could, he would stay here all day. But, reality had to set in somewhere.
And so, with a sigh, he turned and began a relaxed yet brisk walk back to the village. After all, he had duties and responsibilites he had to see to back there, but, strange as it was, he always found time to come here - to get away from all the heavy burdens laid upon him by his life in the village. But, he had to admit that, without those tasks - those "burdens" - his life would feel so empty.

"I guess I'd better get back..."
Back to top Go down
Aldis
Admin
Aldis

Wandering [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering [Open!]   Wandering [Open!] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 4:56 pm

Trouble was sure to follow the act she had just committed, and Aldis knew it, but it wasn't like this was something she did often... Just, whenever she felt the need to get out. Aldis had snuck out of the house, hoping to avoid her chores for the morning - and to get out to the forest.
To get out the the forest at all was a rare treat, now, thanks to the dragons arriving and her over-protective father. Especially since she'd accidentally brought up seeing a dragon in the forest once. Her father had protested and told her not to go again, and thanked Odin that she had not attempted to kill it, while at the same time cursing away at her stupidness for not running.

When she'd told him matter-of-factly that they now lived in a dragon-fighting world, he'd demanded her not to go out to the woods again without someone else around. Even though she'd only seen the shadow of a dragon flying overhead, she had not a chance at getting a word in sideways, and so her father never found this fact out.

Aldis had, until now, been listening to the crunch of the forest floor under her feet, when suddenly she heard another sound. It was only the slightest misplacement to the usual forest sounds, and could easily be overlooked, but Aldis had heard this sound once before. Her suspicions were confirmed when suddenly a huge shadow covered the trees.

Looking up, Aldis saw the silhouette of a dragon against the sun, and, knowing not of what she would do with this dragon if she ever did stand a chance of following it, began to chase its shadow.

The dragon could surely fly faster, but maybe it was amused by her following it, for it did not do so. Deciding she was chasing this dragon purely for the thrill of it, Aldis began to run faster - then suddenly the ground was right in front of her, and her hands only just shot out in time to prevent her breaking her nose on the hard ground. Her foot had been caught in a tree root.
"Ugh... Damn trees." She muttered, sitting up. "Damn dragon..." She muttered, a little louder.

Finally getting up, Aldis looked over to find that she wasn't alone.
Oh, For the love of Odin, of all the places to trip I just had to do it where there was someone else to watch... great. She thought to herself. Taking a closer look, she saw that the boy was Thorgrim - she'd seen him around the village, although not really talked to him much. She knew he was the blacksmiths apprentice.

"Er..." she had no idea what to say. "Hi."
Back to top Go down
https://fotnf.darkbb.com
»Thorgrim

Wandering [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering [Open!]   Wandering [Open!] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:09 pm

To be quite honest, Thorgrim had never quite been the social butterfly. He had met many others in the village of Melfort, but he had few friends. But, if it offered any consolation, those few friends and he formed a tight-knit fellowship that made up for his lack of popularity amongst his peers. But he would not reflect upon such thoughts right now - no, now was a time for him to relax. A brief period of relaxation before he resumed his daily chores and tasks was something he definitely needed.

While in his reverie, Thorgrim noticed something peculiar; there, galloping among the ground, was a shadow. The shadow of something flying in the sky. But, as he looked up, he could see nothing, and he raised an eyebrow in suspicion. Whatever had just flown overhead had passed off and out of his sight. Whatever it was, it sure moved fast. As if to add to his alert state, his ears picked up something else that caught his attention. Not too far away came something running through the forest undergrowth, trampling leaves and twigs underfoot. Thorgrim was perfectly aware that it could well be a dangerous wild animal, and, instinctively, he reached for the iron longsword resting in its scabbard on his hip.

Suddenly, the source of the noise emerged from the shrubbery, and Thorgrim was surprised. Not too surprised at the way she had made her entrance (which Thorgrim found slightly amusing), but, rather, the fact that he knew - or rather had seen - this girl. She was Aldis, and, while Thorgrim had never really known her too well, he was still surprised to find it was her.

"Er...Hi."

"Hey. Strange seeing you here, Aldis," he released his grip on the longsword, and cocked his head to the side in curiosity, "what are you doing here?"
Back to top Go down
Aldis
Admin
Aldis

Wandering [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering [Open!]   Wandering [Open!] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 3:03 pm

Why did he have to find it strange seeing her there? What was she meant to say 'Oh, yeah, I'm just running off from my house to get out of my chores and go into the forest when my father doesn't want me too.. Y'know.'?

Aldis settled for a reasonably normal response. "Er.. You know.. I'm just out for a walk..." Which she stripped of any notion of being normal by adding "and I saw that dragon passing by and was trying to get a good look at it..."
How stupid that made her sound, chasing a dragon? It likely could have swooped down and had her as an afternoon snack. Problem was, Aldis wasn't scared of the dragons - you can't be scared of something you've never seen, can you? Aldis wasn't. She, thanks to her over-protective father, had not actually seen a dragon yet. Since the first time they'd raided the village, she had been kept hidden away, despite her many complaints.

She'd never really been a disobedient child, but then again, she'd never really been kept back or away from anything that was so interesting and new. It pained her to listen to all the other vikings talking about the dragons while having nothing to input into the conversation, and as much as the descriptions should have satisfied her curiosity enough, they didn't.

Aldis gave Thorgrims longsword a blank look, as she realized that on top of disobeying her father to come out to the woods and chasing dragons while she was there, the only weapon she brought was her small dagger. Great work, Aldis! She thought sarcastically to herself.
Back to top Go down
Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny Al'Dar

Wandering [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering [Open!]   Wandering [Open!] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 5:21 pm

Rodny Al'Dar turned around just in time to see a shadow move quickly on the ground. Rodny frowned at it and continued. He had shipwrecked here, during some storm. He was being transported to some island by the name of berk to be exiled for refusing to attack some village that didn't pay it's taxes.
Rodny suddenly heard a loud running sound and hid behind some rocks. He showed his head just enough to see. He saw a young woman running as fast as she can as if she was either chasing or running from someone... Or something. After she passed him, he decided to continue from where she came from.
After a couple minuets of walking he heard a loud cracking sound, and he started moving from one tree to another trying to be stealthy ( witch he was really failing at because he was wearing his chain armor. )
After he got close to where the sound was coming from he noticed it had stopped. Then he looked from behind the tree and jumped forward just in time to dodge the fire blast. A blue dragon which had spikes coming out of it's head and it's tail, and also looked like a chicken was running at him. Rodny started running as fast as possible dodging the fire blast's. Finally he jumped behind a rock in front of him. And then he started praying, knowing what a dragon was capable off.
Back to top Go down
»Thorgrim

Wandering [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering [Open!]   Wandering [Open!] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:46 pm

"Er.. You know.. I'm just out for a walk..."

Thorgrim raised an eyebrow in curiosity. It hadn't looked like she had been walking, but he guessed it was none of his business. Thorgrim was not one to stick his nose in places where it didn't belong. And it would be ironic if he were to become suspicious of other's actions, when his own were just as deserving of a close scrutiny. After all, it could be said he was deliberately avoiding his duties and responsibilities, couldn't it?

"and I saw that dragon passing by and was trying to get a good look at it..."

Thorgrim's turqoise eyes suddenly widened, a gleam of sunlight reflecting off their glass-like surfaces. A dragon? His suspicions had been confirmed; so it was a dragon he had seen flying above the forest. Or, rather, its shadow. Still, it came as an alarming thought: a wild dragon on the loose, here on Melfort. While wild dragons were a fairly common sighting here in Melfort, he couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement run through his body. How he wished he had looked up when he had seen the shadow! What else would he have seen? A deadly nadder? Maybe even a night fury!

"A dragon?! Are you sure?" Thorgrim almost blurted out, and then shook his head, as if berating himself for being so blunt - of course Aldis was sure! He had even seen the shadow himself!
"Well, I saw it too! Or, rather, its shadow..."

It was strange, actually. He had heard of dragons before and, on the very rare occasion, seen one from a distance, but this came as something much more important to him. He knew so little about dragons and their ways, and he wanted to get closer to one. But he knew that would be foolish, and so his dreams were marooned in a haze of doubt and determination.
Suddenly, a bright flash of red caught Thorgrim's attention, and his head whipped in the direction from which it came. His jaw almost dropped in a mixture of awe and surprise.
There, not too far ahead of him, sat a man, hiding behind a rock, from what looked like a blue dragon. Was it a deadly nadder? Thorgrim wasn't too sure, but one thing he did know was that this man needed help.

"Hey! Are you okay?!" he called out, drawing his longsword from its leather scabbard. He was prepared to use it, but even he had to admit he felt a slight twinge of fear at the fact that he could be facing a dragon; something he had never fought before. But, nonetheless, this man's life could be in danger, and it was for that reason Thorgrim was prepared to intervene.
Back to top Go down
Furnardan

Furnardan

Wandering [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering [Open!]   Wandering [Open!] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:36 am

Dead Branches and small twigs crunched beneath the weight of a pair of dark-brown, leather boots, as they pressed into the moist soil. A human figure was galloping and weaving through the forest, shifting movements to dodge tree trunks in an already predicted path. The ranger-like figure carried one bow in hand with a quiver of arrows strapped to his back, he seemed to be on the hunt, but for what?
Dungy, the 17 year-old, bow-skilled tanner from the viking village of Melford, Was out of his tanner shop today, doing what he loved to do, running and shooting his bow, and he was currently in hot pursuit of something a short distance ahead of him. A deer-like creature was fleeing for fear of its life, not able to perceive more than instinct to flee from a viking with bow in hand. Dungy thought he'd be crafty this time, he pulled out an arrow and strung it on his bow while running, thinking his skills may finally prove worthy of striking a deer while running. Dungy's heart raced as he raised the bow in front of him, drawing back the string to his cheek.

FLASH!!

Dungy lost focus as he saw a flash of red just to the left of him... his arrow flew out of his grip and zeroed-in on its target, a tree stump, right next to the run away deer. Dungy wasn't worried about his hunt anymore though, he saw a much bigger creature through a few trees to his left. It was... a dragon!? The dragon wasn't simply standing there though, it was after something. There! Dungy could see a man behind a rock, and the dragon was focused on him it seemed. That fellow's in trouble! deadly dragon or no, I've got to help!

Dungy quietly and carefully came to and hid behind a tree, opposite the direction the blue dragon was facing. Dungy reached for another arrow and strung his bow. Sweat began to trickle down his forehead as he stood behind the tree, waiting for a good shot. I Hope an arrow can hurt a dragon... no time for guessing now, just have to hope it works, or I may be toast!

((I just decided to get my character involved, since there wouldn't be much more to talk about rather than killing a deer and going into detail about how Dungy skinned the darn thing! lol))

Last edited by Furnardan on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny Al'Dar

Wandering [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering [Open!]   Wandering [Open!] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:37 am

Rodny looked a bit confused. One moment the dragon was closing in on him, and then two possibly three people came to help him. In reality all he needed was something to use as a weapon but that could help too.
One was some young boy with a great sword, the other was the young girl from before. And he though he saw another one, with a bow, going to go hide behind a tree. Surely he had a distraction, long enough to find a weapon with which to do something. As the dragon charged at the boy Rodny jumped to on of his sides to avoid getting stomped from the dragon, and quickly started looking for a weapon.
When Rodny turned around he saw the dragon was a bit too close to the boy for comfort. Then Rodny picked up a stone and threw it with all his strength, which was enough to brake a humans skull. Then the dragon turned around at him again.Rodny then yelled:
Boy i would really appreciate a weapon.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart001

Dragonheart001

Wandering [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering [Open!]   Wandering [Open!] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 2:40 am

Feldun walked among the trees. He wasn't going anywhere in particiular; he just trusted his insticts to take him somewhere where he could rest and think. Another arc of pain twanged through his hand and wrist, and he winced. The boy could remember clearly what had happened.

It had been earlier in the day. He had been working on a new ship that he and Eiric had been building when he drove one of the crooked iron nails right between his middle and ring fingers.
"Thunderbolts of Thor!!" he had shouted, dropping his hammer and clutching his hand. It had bled profusely, and Eiric, after warning him to pay attention next time, had ripped the bottom of his tunic off to wrap around Feldun's hand. After that, he'd given the boy the afternoon off to do as he pleased. Naturally, he had headed to the forest. It was calm, beautiful, and offered him the quiet time to think to himself. Now, he was running his good hand along the tree trunks as he passed them, gazing around at the lush environment.

A few minutes later, he heard a shriek, followed by a yell. Feldun stopped in his tracks and listened. The shriek had sounded reptilian, yet faintly bird-like. The yell was definitly human. That shriek... was it a dragon? He could remember a certain dragon breed that made that kind of noise. A Deadly Nadder, was it?

The screech echoed again, and this time he could tell the direction it was coming from. Feldun dived into the trees to his right and bounded through them, heading for the noise. He was curious now, and a bit disturbed. It sounded like someone was in trouble. Soon, he burst from the undergrowth to find that sure enough, a large blue dragon stood with its tail lashing. It was leaning near a boy he had seen before. Feldun recognized him as Thorgrim, the blacksmith's apprentice. A girl also stood nearby. Aldis, he remembered. The dragon's attention was on a man whom Feldun had never seen before.

"Boy, I would really appreciate a weapon!" he heard the man yell. Feldun reached to his waist and felt around his belt, eyes still fixed on the dragon. To his relief, he found a small hatchet used for cutting branches off of trees and a long carving knife.He pulled the hatchet out of its loop and was about to unsheathe the knife when pain throbbed in his hand and he remembered not to use it. Keeping the carving knife in its leather sheathe for now, he ran into the open and stood in a battle stance next to the man.

"Here! Take this!"
Feldun caught the man's attention and tossed the hatchet at him. Following that, he pulled out the knife with his left hand and faced the dragon, his right hand hanging by his side.

I'm not left handed, but I hope I can use it decently. If I can't, I might as well say "hello" to Valhalla right now!
Back to top Go down
Aldis
Admin
Aldis

Wandering [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering [Open!]   Wandering [Open!] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 4:40 am

Aldis had been about to respond to Thorgrim, when several things happened at once - a man, and with nothing less than a dragon chasing him, ran over and hid behind a nearby rock, Thorgrim got up to help the man, another viking from Melfort - Dungy was his name - was suddenly there as well, with his bow and arrow, and then, to top it all off, suddenly there was another, Feldun, involved in the scene.

This, in conjunction with the fact that there was a dragon in front of her (It was blue, walked on two legs, and reminded her of a bird, and although rather beautiful, not what she had expected any dragon to look like.) caused her to freeze. Not to mention the fact that she only had a small dagger with her, and by the looks of this dragon, it would barely make it bleed, at best.

Although she wanted to help, she knew that without a weapon there wasn't much she could do - she was no excellent fighter.

Standing frozen on the spot, now for the purpose of trying not to attract the dragons attention, she couldn't help but admire it. The glorious colours, for a start, were very hard to ignore, and she wondered how in the world these dragons kept out of sight. Another thing that astounded her were its spikes - they covered its tail, went up its back, and clustered around the back of its head, near the neck joint. Its wings were a stunning yellow, and it had a horn-like spike on its nose.

Its small eyes and two legs only added to how bird-like this creature was, and its movements also reminded her of a bird.
Back to top Go down
Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny Al'Dar

Wandering [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering [Open!]   Wandering [Open!] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:20 am

Rodny quickly pushed the boy who had given him a hatchet to the side and also jumped to the other side, to avoid the fire blast. He then yelled to the boy with the bow.
Wait for it to open it's mouth again for a blast. Then shoot directly in it.
During the yell the dragon had went after the boy with the great sword. Rodny quickly started running towards the dragon and climbed up a near to by rock. Then he jumped on it's back. While the dragon was spinning around to get him, he used a special technique to keep him self on the dragon's back. But when it turned to the boy with the arrow he jumped off right in front of it. Then he started backing off slowly, hoping that it would try to blast him before trying to eat him. Sweat was rolling down his head. It was a dangerous gamble that had taken the life of many dragon trainers in his land . Rodny was not going to dodge, so he would give the boy the best shot possible. And then it opened it's mouth ready to blast him with it's fire blast. It was all up to the boy with the bow know.

(Edit: Erh the dragon wont die. Something like when Toothless fired a shot in the terrible terrors mouth will happen. And then it will just fly away)
Back to top Go down
Furnardan

Furnardan

Wandering [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering [Open!]   Wandering [Open!] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:43 pm

((How exactly do we have a character's speech operated? Most often Italics are used for when a character is thinking and "Quotation marks are used when a character is actually speaking." I'm seeing italics used in a ways I'm not familiar with, not that it really matters I guess... :\ ))

Dungy watched as the grown man from behind the rock was given a weapon and assumed a riding position atop the dragon, then landing and making his stand in front of it. Dungy made note of the man's apparent skill and experience towards fighting these dragons... certainly his knowledge could be of use? The skillful man had previously shouted battle commands, obviously directed towards Dungy, which he took heed to follow through.

Dungy steadied his bow facing the blue, spiky beast, making positively sure his arrow wouldn't slip lower than his aim and hit the man instead. This was a daring feat, possibly more daring than the time Dungy dived over a cliff's edge into the sea. He had made a kite-device using finely sown silk and twigs... and Dungy is one to make passionate bonds with creations of his own hands fairly quick, diving in to save his fallen kite from being lost at sea seemed like a good idea at the time... Dungy doesn't fly kites near the shore anymore.

As the man had predicted, the dragon opened its mouth, building gasses to ignite upon the man. Dungy had feared the difficulty of shooting something as small as a creature's mouth, but the dragon's was almost as big as the deer he was chasing moments ago... this could make an easier target. Dungy unleashed the arrow just as an orange glow appeared approaching from the dragon's throat, the arrow glided straight and true into the beast's mouth, hitting the roof of its pallet. The dragon winced in pain and closed its mouth as a reaction, which left the igniting fire no escape from inside the beast. The dragon's head bounced and its entire body shook violently as the fire erupted in its mouth, smoke sizzling through the nostrils. The dragon appeared to have quite enough of this painful sport now, its throat and pallet now ached and it had a splinter in its mouth that would be rather tricky and painful to pull loose with its tongue. Being quite content with leaving the pestering humans alone for now, the blue dragon squawked as it spun around to leave, still smoking at the mouth as it now had an arrow to deal with.

Dungy sighed with relief as the mighty beast turned tail and ran off... that was a close call, but through the pressure, Dungy had pulled through, but this event that just unfolded proved to Dungy that they can be stopped. Dungy marveled at the fact that his arrow hadn't simply killed the dragon though, surely these are tougher beasts than any the people of Melford have known. Dungy came over to the brave warrior to congratulate the victory.

"We handled that well, I think! Standing openly in front of the beast like that? Wow, you must truly be a brave warrior and skillful against these beasts!" said Dungy, extending his hand to the man. "My name's Dungy, may I know yours?"
Back to top Go down
Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny Al'Dar

Wandering [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering [Open!]   Wandering [Open!] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:43 pm

Rodny thought about it for a moment, and then shook the young mans hand. Saying " Thank you Dungy, i am Rodny Al'Dar. Dragon rider by trait and warrior by profession." Then Rodny turned to the others and said" Now. Thank you all for your help too. I doubt i would of survived that encounter if it wasn't for you men... Now can anyone tell me where i am?"

(Hope that made it a bit more clear. And take in note that i am new on this island Razz)
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart001

Dragonheart001

Wandering [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering [Open!]   Wandering [Open!] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 2:49 am

Feldun, after being pushed aside roughly by the man to avoid a stream of fire, had stood waiting for the perfect chance to strike the dragon. to his surprise, the man whom he'd given the hatchet to had begun shouting orders to someone else. Following his gaze, he noticed that there was a boy he hadn't originally seen aiming an arrow very carefully into the dragon's open mouth as it prepared to unleash a column of fire. Feldun backpedalled quickly, giving the boy with the arrow, whom he'd recognized as Dungy, the village tanner, as much room as he could to shoot. As he was rushing back, he bumped into Aldis. Feldun jerked forward a bit and stepped quickly to the side. "Sorry..." he said, focusing on the dragon so as to hide his shy embarrasment. Dungy shot the arrow just at the right time, and he watched as the dragon was forced to swallow its fire back down. It squawked indignantly and retreated. Feldun glanced at Aldis and then Thorgrim as he put his knife back into its sheathe. He watched as Dungy approached, greeting the strange man. As the warrior introduced himself as Rodny Al'Dar, Feldun marveled at the fact that he was a dragon rider. He stepped forward.

"You're on the island of Melfort. Where'd you come from? More importantly, exactly how were you a dragon rider?"
Feldun had never thought more of a dragon than he did a horse, but he knew they were quite dangerous and could not possibly be ridden!
Back to top Go down
Aldis
Admin
Aldis

Wandering [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering [Open!]   Wandering [Open!] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:26 am

Aldis watched the scene unfold, with it ending in Dungy making a shot into the dragons mouth and it flying away, squawking indignantly. She felt someone bump into her, and herd Feldun mutter a 'sorry', to which she distractedly replied "S'okay."
She was about to say something - when she heard Feldun voice her thoughts.

"You're on the island of Melfort. Where'd you come from? More importantly, exactly how were you a dragon rider?"

Dragon rider? Surely not? Dragons couldn't be ridden, could they? They didn't look like it. Aldis thought back to her father, and the village gossip. A lot of conversations went something like:

"Terrible beasts, they are.."
"oh, yes, they certainly are. Eat you any chance they get, they will. Never trust a dragon - I've been seein 'em round the woods, and they attack me first chance they get."

Savage, Terrible, murderous, no feelings... That was how her father and a lot of people in the village thought of dragons. Aldis still wasn't sure what she thought of them, although they seemed... rather scary, to say the least.

"Not to interrupt, but if you're a dragon rider.. Um... I'm not too sure if that'd go down well with most people in our village... "
Back to top Go down
Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny Al'Dar

Wandering [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering [Open!]   Wandering [Open!] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 9:10 am

"To answer your question young man, it's rather easy. Well, it's easy if you have a specially equipped dragon trainer with you that is. Where i come from every dragon rider is pared up with a dragon trainer. The dragon trainer takes care of the dragon while the dragon rider uses it. It's just that i was picked as a dragon rider" Then Rodny turned to the girl and said." I'm not planning to go anywhere for now. These dragons caught my eyes, and now i want to see them all. Heh... my dragon trainer would go crazy if he found out there was a new kind of dragons." Rodny then turned to where the dragon had flown off, and said in the last moment." Just yell if you need me again i promise i will come.Oh and i'm keeping the hatchet."
Back to top Go down
Furnardan

Furnardan

Wandering [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering [Open!]   Wandering [Open!] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:23 am

Dungy listened carefully as Rodny elaborated on his past and current endeavors. So this 'dragon rider' was from a different place, different land? What was more intriguing was the idea of dragon riders and trainers, this was certainly a new and rather inspiring idea to Dungy. Dungy was creative and innovative with his line of work and with other such creations, hearing such things as training and riding a monstrous beast that seemed at the top of the food chain came rather acceptable to Dungy's open and innovative mind. Dungy also grew a quick respect for this new acquaintance, Rodny, his bravery and skill impressed and humbled Dungy. Rodny didn't seem like the type to talk to ya for hours on end either... Dungy could warmly welcome a man of that trait any time.

The veteran champion shortly turned to leave, taking the hatchet he was given with him. "Farewell for now, if you need something for any reason, you can find me at the village of Melford near the southern end of the island."

Dungy, taking his less than social leave, left the other fellow vikings without a word, running off through the woods again, south-bound for the village. The other vikings should be used to that though, being that Dungy wasn't social with idle chit-chat since the loss of his parents, he seemed more like a speechless stalker in the village streets when not being talked to directly or without important reason. I have a great idea for a new kite when I get back to the shop!

((I'm going to be moving Dungy to the village after this, he'll be at his tanner shop, probably creating new dragon-inspired inventions and such. If ya need somethin' made like personally designed leather armor and other items, Dungy's your artistic man for the job!))
Back to top Go down
Aldis
Admin
Aldis

Wandering [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering [Open!]   Wandering [Open!] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:31 pm

Within a few seconds of each other, both the strange man who claimed to be a dragon rider, Rodney, and Dungy were gone, and Aldis was left with only Thorgrim and Feldun.
"Um..." Right now, Aldis had nothing to say. No idea what she should say. Slumping down against a boulder behind her, Aldis pondered on the rapid occurrence of the events that she had just witnessed. Not a word of the scene that had just played out would be uttered to anyone apart from those involved, at least not from her mouth -- she would never be allowed outside again if her father found out.

"So that... was a dragon?" Stupid question. Rhetorical, even. Of course it was a dragon, it certainly wasn't your average lizard. With the drama over, Aldis's thoughts wandered back to her chores. Her dad would have noticed she was missing by now. A quick check of the suns position confirmed this. "Oh, oh my gods! It has to be afternoon by now, at the least! I'm sooo going to get it!"
With this Aldis jumped up started to rush off, before pausing, turning around, and saying "See ya, guys!" then racing off in the direction of her house.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wandering [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering [Open!]   Wandering [Open!] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wandering [Open!]
Page 1 of 1