Fury of the Night Fury
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury of the Night Fury

A How To Train Your Dragon RP roleplay Site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rodny's First Night. (OPEN)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny's First Night. (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Rodny's First Night. (OPEN)   Rodny's First Night. (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:28 pm

Rodny Al'Dar was looking at the viking village called Melfort. The reason he was here was because he really couldn't use a hatchet as a hunting tool, and he also couldn't make one. It had taken him the entire day to find the damn place. The sun was going down when he arrived at the outskirts. He had decided to stay hidden somewhere until night fell and shure enough it fell.
Rodny left his things in the forest, so to not create even more noise. He sneaked past the guards and started walking around town, getting to know it better and finding a bow.
At one point Rodny passed a building that looked like a tannery. He looked inside, hoping to see something. He saw nothing so he decided to continue walking but then he felt as he hit something. A rather loud noise of metal hitting metal was herd and Rodny whispered a few rather vulgar phrases from his land.

Last edited by Rodny Al'Dar on Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Furnardan

Furnardan

PostSubject: Re: Rodny's First Night. (OPEN)   Rodny's First Night. (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:54 am

The tanner of the village of Melfort was up late with candles about in his work area, hidden behind an inner wall from the main entrance to the shop. Dungy held high his new creation in the dim light produced by the small wicks in flames, a shadow of a dragon loomed in the shadow of the candle light. Dungy finally assumed to have his dragon kite finished, though his excitement quickly doused as he recalled the fact that it was now dark, no flight tests till sunrise. Feeling accomplished and anxious for the next day, Dungy began to clean his work area. One would assume children to play with kites but Dungy took to simple crafts as a form of hobby, when not working on villagers' items and hunting, Dungy was making his own inventions, and kites happened to be a favorite.

CLANG-CRASH

Dungy was quickly aroused from his tiring state by a loud noise coming from the entrance, followed by bazaar speech he wasn't familiar with. Dungy quickly dropped what he was doing and made for the door to the main room, thinking a late customer was nosing about while he was not present. "Hello? Wait just a minute and I'll-" Dungy stopped mid-sentence after opening the inside door and seeing a recently familiar figure present in his shop, it was that Rodny fellow.

"Didn't think I'd see you again this soon, Mr. Rodny, I take it you either got directions to find me or are in need of a craft?" Dungy kept it short and to the point, not showing what enthusiasm he may have had for having Rodny around to maby find out more about dragons sometime or another. Another idea on Dungy's mind was that Rodny may secretly be a thief going about different islands and searching for other's treasures, but Dungy kept that thought to himself, giving the benefit of the doubt to a brave fellow such as Rodny. Dungy favored Rodny over most the people in the village by his reasoning, their short tussle with the dragon and a 'short and sweet' exchanging of words in the forest left a good impression of him.
Back to top Go down
Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny Al'Dar

PostSubject: Re: Rodny's First Night. (OPEN)   Rodny's First Night. (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:51 pm

"By the look in your eye i can tell that you have some thought going threw your head. I will justify them with the fact i am here to steal something, but it's a simple bow and maybe some arrows. Before you ask i lost mine when i shipwrecked on this island... and after that dragon from earlier jumped on the ship and made it explode. I need the bow for hunting. May i come in before someone sees me? I would rather remain hidden from the other vikings." Rodny said while looking behind him at the closing in lights.
Back to top Go down
Furnardan

Furnardan

PostSubject: Re: Rodny's First Night. (OPEN)   Rodny's First Night. (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:14 pm

[center]So he was snooping about the town like a thief, aye? If Dungy was a law-enforcing stuck-up like some other vikings, he may as well give old Rodny the boot, but Dungy's mind worked in different ways, seeing that this fellow was shipwrecked without much to live on, Dungy invited Rodney fully into his abode.

"I understand, guess there's no hurting if you stay here a while," said Dungy, closing the front door behind Rodny and locked it as Rodny was given full entrance into the tannery/house. "Now, about bow. I'm guessing you thought of my bow and were hoping to claim it, aye? You're not completely out of luck, I'm in construction of another bow currently. I'd tell ya to wait till I finished it but this one's special and it's for me." Dungy walked behind his booth were he hid his own bow and quiver, he grabbed them and placed them on top of the booth. "But... if ya do something simple for me, I'll had you this set right now and I'll take my other one once it's finished!"

Leaning his arms over the table to get in a more leisurely position, Dungy looked at Rodny with a fancy little smile. "I'd like you to tell me a little more about these dragons you know of."
Back to top Go down
Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny Al'Dar

PostSubject: Re: Rodny's First Night. (OPEN)   Rodny's First Night. (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:52 pm

"Depends if it is controlling dragons or fighting dragons. For training dragons you should ask my brother, Damrot Al'Dar. Im guessing he is trying to figure out a way to get me right now. But if you want a way to keep your self ON the dragon, you want to make the dragon listen to you, or just want to plain fight them ask me." Suddenly Rodny noticed something. He turned around and looked at the kite that looked like the dragon they had been fighting today." And you should give it a new scar on the face."
Back to top Go down
Furnardan

Furnardan

PostSubject: Re: Rodny's First Night. (OPEN)   Rodny's First Night. (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:07 pm

Dungy paused for moment, wondering if Rodny was referring to giving an actual dragon a scar... then he noticed Rodny was looking towards his newly crafted kite. Dungy wasn't sure about the whole 'training a dragon' bit, but knowing anything about them would be better than not at all, and Rodny seemed to know a good thing or two about'em. Dungy was intending to ask Rodny another question when he had thoughts of concern if whether the man knew of a way to leave Melfort and be on his way, where ever that might be. He had mentioned about his brother, but he didn't seem too sure about a rescue party when he spoke.

"Well aside from the questions, how's your ideas on getting out of here anyway? We could see about getting you a decent boat for your travels, not sure how safe it would be, but it be hard getting off this island by sea without being noticed by the other vikings... or without their help."

Dungy was on the verge of offering Rodny a place to stay within his abode, until the veteran dragon warrior made his leave of this place... there'd be plenty time for questions Dungy figured, might as well be hospitable and what-not for the lone stranger.
Back to top Go down
Rodny Al'Dar

Rodny Al'Dar

PostSubject: Re: Rodny's First Night. (OPEN)   Rodny's First Night. (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:38 am

"Now if you don't have any more questions i have some work to do. And before you ask i'm gonna make my camp on the Easy point of the island. On the beach. So i'm close to the sunken ship." Rodny toke the bow and waved Dungy goodbye. He opened the door and looked around. After not seeing any guards he started sneaking out of the village. After he got out, he took his equipment and started making his way towards the sunken ship. On the way there he started gathering sticks which are good for making arrows. He told him self that it would be a good idea to make some arrows and go hunting as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Furnardan

Furnardan

PostSubject: Re: Rodny's First Night. (OPEN)   Rodny's First Night. (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:07 am

Dungy did nothing to object Rodny from taking the bow prematurely to the undecided "questions" he had proposed for him to answer, instead he remained silent and simply nodded as Rodny explained where he was heading and tossed him a goodbye by the hand. So Rodny was setting up camp on the beach, aye? Dungy figured that would be the best place to get the attention of a searching vessel. Though Rodny was obviously trying to stay secret from the vikings, he seemed to trust Dungy enough to tell him where he was going.

After Rodny left, Dungy just stared at the closing door blankly. "Well, guess I'll have to find'em later... he could have asked for a few arrows... oh well." Dungy decided this day was filled to the brim with excitement and needed to be renewed, so Dungy called it a night and went upstairs to bed, wondering what he should do tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rodny's First Night. (OPEN)   Rodny's First Night. (OPEN) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rodny's First Night. (OPEN)
Page 1 of 1