Fury of the Night Fury

A How To Train Your Dragon RP roleplay Site

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

A Day in the Southern Mountains Flight [Dragons- Open!]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dragonheart001

PostSubject: A Day in the Southern Mountains Flight [Dragons- Open!]   Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:11 pm

Sadame felt the first rays of sunlight warm her back as the sun finally rose high enough in the day to reach the cave she was nestled in. She opened her eyes, peering around. Before her, her mother slept soundly, her paralyzed back leg sticking out a strange angle and her sides rising and falling rythmically. Sadame yawned expansively, stretched like a cat, and stood. The orange dragon shook the sand out of her mane and turned to look at the sun. She then glanced back at her mother and sighed.

Times had been hard for her flight. Prey this high in the mountains was difficult to find, and most of what there was had migrated into the cooler foothills of the mountains. Also, the Alpha Male of the Southern Mountains Flight had forbidden any dragon to hunt any farther than the lowest cliffs, for the humans were weary of their prescence, and he didn't want any dragon getting slaughtered. Sadame herself had tried to obey the new law, but had hardly succeeded in bringing a days worth of food home in almost a week. Her mother, who was already old and frail, was becoming even thinner. Sadame tried all she could to take care of her, for because of her injury the older dragon couldn't fly to hunt. However, in these times, the young Blazing Sunrise could barely keep herself fed.

She nudged her mother gently, and when she stirred but did not wake, Sadame walked out to the plateau outside their cave. As she looked out into the distance, she could see the lithe shapes of other dragons from her flight attempting to hunt. Most were just circling, searching for something large enough to take down. Sadame sighed and layed down, her head on her paws.

I can't do this anymore, she thought. I have to feed my mother. Without me, she will die. The other dragons would offer her food, sure, but then what will they eat? I'd rather starve myself than have other dragons go hungry for me. I don't care what the Alpha says. I have to leave.

She knew it was crazy, to defy her Alpha's orders, but she couldn't just sit there and watch her mother die. Sadame checked on her mother once more, then with a powerful thrust of her hind legs, leaping into the air, spreading her large wings and soaring away from the cave, towards the foothills and the forest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aldis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Southern Mountains Flight [Dragons- Open!]   Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:27 pm

It was with a dire interest that the blue-tinged dragon's bright blue eyes watched the young Blazing Sunrise.
She had known about the vikings - vikings, how she despised even the very word! - causing this particular flight to move up-mountain more, where there was less food, and was surprised to see this juvenile dragon breaking away form the group - surely the alpha of their flight would have ordered her against doing so?
A glint caught in the dragons eye as a thought struck her. Spreading her wings, she glided gracefully down to the young dragon. She landed with a soft, yet resounding thud.
"Why hello, little dragon." She said in a soothing, velvety voice. "And what might you be doing down here, breaking away from your flight?"

Making sure to keep her look relaxed and welcoming, so as not to scare off or make the small dragon suspicious, she silently sat waiting for an answer, her tail swishing against the soft, sandy dirt.

((sorry the post is so short...))
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fotnf.darkbb.com
Dragonheart001

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Southern Mountains Flight [Dragons- Open!]   Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:56 pm

As Sadame landed to follow some tracks she'd glimpsed, she was surpised and rather startled when a dark blue Night Fury landed before her. She'd never seen a Night Fury before; they were extremely rare, and they weren't fond of mountain habitats; and the young dragon couldn't help but stare. The Night Fury's bright azure eyes were mesmerizing, and the dragon's soft voice soothed Sadame inside, causing her to forget her troubles. She smiled.
"Hello there," she said. "Why am I away from my flight?" As she repeated the question, her worries began to creep back to her. Her gaze shifted away. "Well, prey's been extremely scarce, and I have to provide for my mother... She was paralized when some Vikings attacked our original home, a few leagues from here... She can't hunt, and I can't bear to see others starve in her stead when I'm capable of coming out here and hunting."

Not willing to think of what would happen if her Alpha found out she'd left the territory, she changed the subject. "What's your name? she asked. Sadame was interested in this Night Fury. She had a vast lack of knowledge about them, and wanted to learn about the mysterious breed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aldis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Southern Mountains Flight [Dragons- Open!]   Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:39 pm

The Night Fury paused to process this information - it was possible that this affliction could make the young dragon a valuable allie.
Larkay let out a murmur of sympathy as the young dragon told her story.
She could relate.

"My name is Malarkay, but it is a tendency of dragons to call me 'Larkay'" She said, in response to the dragons question.
"And you might be..?" She inquired in return.

On closer inspection, it had begun to show that this dragon had not eaten for a while, or at least not much - something that humans would not be able to tell, ass this was obvious by scent only, and by the scales of this dragon being less vibrant than usual.
As her eyes ran up and down the youngster, bile rose in her throat.

This dragon would have enough trouble coping by herself to hunt in a prey-lacking area, let alone hunt for her injured mother.
Vikings. Nothing but trouble.
Nothing but evil.
Back to top Go down
Misty

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Southern Mountains Flight [Dragons- Open!]   Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:32 am

OOC: Hope it's ok to join this one too, since the one I started is an indefinite time anyway

"Oh, no come back here!", from the direction the Blazing Sunrise had been heading down, the end of the tracks, a deer soon galloped the other way and straight for where the Blazing Sunrise and Night Fury were. It hadn't been the creature to speak, though, running along behind it, wings folded in for the on ground chase, a blue and yellow tinted (though most were) Squirting Spitter rushed after.

The dragon, Misty, sucked air in and sort of gargled, preparing for her water to blend and form into the mist like spray of heated water fire that was her breed's specialty...then she noticed such a spray was likely to hit more than the fleeing deer as they approached the slight clearing (?).

Quickly snapping her mouth shut and sort of swallowing down the not formed attempt at fire, Misty winced at the heat, though it wasn't intolerable, as she and the deer both made it to the spot the other two were at.

The deer made a bolt for the right as the teen skidded to a stop before the two dragons, prey sort of forgotten in the shock of coming upon these two.

"Oh, terribly sorry, didn't mean to almost run into you there" Misty smiled sheepishly, harsh as it was to compare anything a dragon did with the sheep they would snag for food.

ooc: Up to either of you what happens to the deer, and sorry so short

Last edited by Misty on Mon May 24, 2010 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rodny Al'Dar

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Southern Mountains Flight [Dragons- Open!]   Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:24 am

Rodny Jumped to the side just in time to dodge the incoming deer. He had been walking around towards the mountain, because he had noticed lot's of dragons flying around the top. That is why he took the running deer as a sign. Then he thought that it might be a good idea to turn back now. "But first..." Rodny pulled out his bow and an arrow in one singular motion and shot the running deer. He lifted it up and started walking towards the beach. And he hurried because some dragons have a very good detectors for smell.

Last edited by Rodny Al'Dar on Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonheart001

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Southern Mountains Flight [Dragons- Open!]   Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:06 am

OOC: Sure, Rodny, come on in.

"My name is Sada-"
Sadame's reply was cut short as she heard the furious clopping of hooves on the earth. It was getting rapidly closer. She twisted around and spotted a deer just as it burst into the clearing. The young dragon leaped back to avoid it's frenzied escape. Just as she was wondering why the deer was in such a hurry, another dragon skidded into the clearing. It had happened so fast, that Sadame was at a loss for words.

"Oh, terribly sorry. Didn't mean to almost run into you there," the dragon said, smiling awkwardly. Sadame twitched, as if jolting awake, and said, "Um... that's okay..." She glanced back at Malarkay, then returned her gaze to the newcomer. "May I ask your name?" she inquired politely.

She could still hear the deer retreating into the bushes. What a waste of prey, Sadame thought to herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aldis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Southern Mountains Flight [Dragons- Open!]   Wed May 05, 2010 3:02 pm

Before the new dragon could answer, a roar shook the island. Larkay felt instinctively like covering her ears, although she managed to restrain herself from doing so, and for some reason a slight twinge of fear struck her. But surely she was not one to be scared? she was, after all, a night fury.
"What was that?!" She hissed through clenched teeth, not actually expecting an answer. Larkay thought she caught the sound of flapping wings, but only for a brief moment, and it could have been the wings of any dragon around the island.

After the commotion calmed down, Larkay's eyes moved around shiftily, and she felt on edge. "Somethings wrong here..." She murmured, mainly to herself. She weighed out the pros to the cons, and soon decided that gaining some allies was a better option than running away from something that was probably just her crazy imagination.

With this decision made, she tuned back to the others, although her nostrils were flared and her 'ears' swiveled around, listening for even the tiniest of movements in extra alertness.
Back to top Go down
Furnardan

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Southern Mountains Flight [Dragons- Open!]   Wed May 05, 2010 5:38 pm

About a two-mountain's distance from the other dragons appeared the figure of Ragnarok, the changeling lost altitude and roosted atop the peak of a tall mountain. Ragnarok may be a blood-thirsty killer but he still suffered fatigue as any dragon would, and constant flight across that ocean left his wing-muscles in need of rest. Heeding his physical fatigue for a short break, the dragon dropped to his belly and nestled upon the mountain top. The changeling's chest rouse and sank slower and slower as he rested, but he didn't close his eyes, he was not ready to sleep yet. Being still, Ragnarok's ears were more finely tuned to pick up noise, birds and whisks from the wind registered in his mind, but he hadn't picked up the sounds of dragons yet. Though if dragons were near, it would only be a matter of time.

((So Ragnarok's taking a rest on a mountain peak a little distance away from you guys, most likely not visible, but maby another dragon will see him from afar? Also, the other dragons probably don't know what Ragnarok is like unless they've been to his island before, though Ragnarok would quickly reveal his true nature once he sees another dragon.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonheart001

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Southern Mountains Flight [Dragons- Open!]   Wed May 12, 2010 2:57 am

Sadame heard the roar, too. She started, scrambling back a few paces and wildly searching for the source of the terrible noise. "What was that?" she heard Larkay inquire. The Sunrise shook her head, shrugging. "I don't know.. It sounded like a dragon, but it wasn't a call I've ever encountered..." she replied, glancing at the new dragon quickly before looking back to Larkay, seeking solace. The strange roar had scared her in a way she rarely experienced. Sadame was young, but Blazing Sunrises were normally more mature than was usually expected from their age. This roar, however, had made her shudder inwardly. It had washed away the wise and mature composure she had, making her feel young, exposed, and most of all, fearful.

Sadame thought she heard Malarkay whisper to herself. "Something's wrong here...," she said. Giving no evidence that she had heard it, she tossed her mane and gazed into the horizon. "Something is wrong here," she whispered.

The dragon thought she saw a small black dot on the horizon, but it could have simply been a trick of the eye.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Furnardan

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Southern Mountains Flight [Dragons- Open!]   Sat May 22, 2010 6:24 am

That was it. Ragnarok had his breather, time to find some food to feed that rumbling stomach of his. Ragnarok stood up on all fours and gazed towards the summit of the mountain beneath his talons, anything and everything was food, be it dragon or any other animal... besides eel... that, even that, still effected Ragnarok as it would any dragon.

after moments of searching without luck, Ragnarok leaped off the mountain's peak and spread his wings, releasing screech-like roars innately sounded by his aggressive search for food. The fiery brown-orange changeling made circle pattern above the mountains in its hungered search, using what ever senses it was gifted with towards finding food. Then the changeling caught sent of something... a dragon. No, more than one dragon! The Changeling soaked in the smells, tracking the sent that would eventually lead him to his prey. Ragnarok also caught wind of another... foreign sent. A single smell that Ragnarok had not known before, it would be the unperceived human Rodny somewhere located on the mountain behind him. Dragons, deer, a foreign and new sent?! The changeling was getting anxious with excitement to discover and kill them all! But first things' first, dinner! And the dragon's sent was fresher and therefore, closer. Ragnarok perceived the smells of the nearby dragons at the next mountain's summit in the greenery below, where a deer's sent was recent as well. Ragnarok angled his body downward and flapped his wings at an increasing decent towards the green summit, his new prey would eventually become visible in his line of sight before long.

((Here he comes! Hope you guys are ready to face the monster for your first time... it's certain not to be the last if things go the way they may!))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misty

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Southern Mountains Flight [Dragons- Open!]   Mon May 24, 2010 7:18 am

((Sorry for the absence!))

Misty gave a smile to introduce herself, once the first dragon she'd noticed finished of course, since they both seemed friendly enough, when the piercing scream interrupted her. She had never heard it either, but...the tone if it seemed to speak again of domination and despair, Misty couldn't shake this feeling.

She immediately hunched in, even as she distractedly listened to both the night fury and type of dragon she couldn't name off hand...Blazing something, she knew she' heard of it, though her mind couldn't think on that right now.

((Not really a change in her history, what comes, just more details)) She tried to force herself to the ability to speak beyond the fear to crop up from memories of another, overbearing dragon, whom her family had just escaped the slavery to like others...yet not really. Her father, once making sure her and her mother were safely hidden from the Green Dragon's knowledge, had denied putting himself under the great beasts orders...and paid for it with his life.

The Green Dragon had been satisfied the small outer cavern was searched, though, and so Misty and her mother had lived in relative peace until the lone hunting trip to Burke to seal her last guardian's fate.

Misty knew what it was to live under the fear of a tyrant, and didn't want it again. Not that or worse.

She also caught the speck on the horizon.

"Very..." she agreed to both statements, "I've only heard a call like that once...and it wasn't from a good dragon...".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Southern Mountains Flight [Dragons- Open!]   

Back to top Go down

A Day in the Southern Mountains Flight [Dragons- Open!]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fury of the Night Fury :: The Island of Melfort :: The Mountains-
Jump to: