Fury of the Night Fury
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury of the Night Fury

A How To Train Your Dragon RP roleplay Site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Book Vs. Movie (spoiler alert!)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aldis
Admin
Aldis

Book Vs. Movie (spoiler alert!) Empty
PostSubject: Book Vs. Movie (spoiler alert!)   Book Vs. Movie (spoiler alert!) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:12 pm

If you've read the book, you know that its plot is pretty much completely different, with the same main ideas in it... The green death, hiccup, and dragons.

But in the book, toothless really is toothless, and is a common, small for his breed, garden dragon. And the dragons share no bond with their trainers, either... The book was a good enough read (I sat down today for 2-3 hours to read it) but it didn't have much to it, and I much prefer the movie, plot and all.
Back to top Go down
https://fotnf.darkbb.com
Dragonheart001

Dragonheart001

PostSubject: Re: Book Vs. Movie (spoiler alert!)   Book Vs. Movie (spoiler alert!) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 3:01 am

Yeah, I had read the books quite a few years ago. They were pretty good, and really funny, too. I read the whole series. At first, when I heard they were making a movie and it was nothing like the book, I was kind of mad. Normally, I hate movies that do that. However, when I saw the movie, I absolutely loved what they did with the plot! In fact, I even liked it better than the book. HTTYD was the first movie that made me feel that way!

The books were still really good, though. Good for a laugh every now and then.

"Careful, Dogsbreath. Your brains are coming out." lol!
Back to top Go down
Misty

Misty

PostSubject: Re: Book Vs. Movie (spoiler alert!)   Book Vs. Movie (spoiler alert!) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 7:13 am

I just finished the book (ok it was an audio book) and I feel the same way, I liked the book but I just love the 'world' of the movie so much more, and while I find the book Toothless cuter, despite being a whiny spoiled little kid, even if heroic at the end, I sort of like movie Toothless a bit better too as well as liking the bond in the movie better.

All in all, as seems to be said, I agree, I like both but movie better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book Vs. Movie (spoiler alert!)   Book Vs. Movie (spoiler alert!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book Vs. Movie (spoiler alert!)
Page 1 of 1